So since Mother's day is close at hand, I have been thinking a lot about my Mom...
My mom's name is Janice, she is the most kind, generous, caring, concerned, giving person I know. She's the Young Women's President in her Ward and give so much time and love to those girls. She also volunteers for Richmond City Youth Council and has overseen many things such as the 'Lil Miss pageant for Black and White Days and many other Youth Council activities. She's known as the world's best boss by all of the employees that work for my parents because she cooks meals for them quite often. One employee in particular (who happens to be Becky & Brad Wood's son) is an extremely talented singer and is in a band and my mom goes to his performances and supports him when he's in musicals quite often. Now how many bosses do you know that will do that???
Her quiet acts of kindness to other people are things that I see and know about and want to shout to the world what wonderful thing she's doing. But to her, it's just part of her and it's what the Lord wants. She wants nothing in return. My mom taught me and instilled in me a testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I am so greatful for that.
My mom has been so willing to help me with anything I need. She takes Nic to gymnastics every week, she comes and sits with the daycare kids so I can take Josh to speech (sometimes twice a week). She comes to any game, performance, competition or event that any of my kids have and cheers sometimes louder than I do. She isn't afraid to be firm with my kids when they're naughty-which I think is great!! Sometimes she's even a little stern with me, telling me to get over my bad additude and she helps me with life's little problems. I honestly don't know what I would do without her. I rely on her so much and learn something new from her each day. She's so much fun to be around and always makes me smile. She gives so much of her time to make others feel good and rarely do you ever hear a complaint. I love my mom and hope that someday I can be as wonderful as she is.
Happy Mother's Day Mom!!
Friday, May 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
love it... you're so sweet.
Okay, love that post. What a tribute to her. When I met her when we did our musical numbers at the Night of Excellence, I thought she was awesome. She is definitely a neat lady!
Glad to see that some things never change. She was awesome years ago when I lived in her ward and it sounds like she is still that wonderful person. We can all look at you and see what a great person she is too!
You are you mother's daughter!
Post a Comment