Nic's birthday is tomorrow and it has been kind of a hard for me due to the fact that he will be turning the big eight years old!! What is it with those milestone birthdays? First birthdays are always hard, but eight is like I'm turning my little guy over to the world...His baptism is June 6th and that means he soon will be accountable for all the bad choices that he makes...Ahhhh!! That's so scary. No really, I am excited for him, and proud of him that he wants to be baptized. But I can't help but worry about him...
Tim and I were talking to him about baptism today and about how sins are washed away. We asked him if he knew what that meant. He said, "when you go under the water, something goes into your ears-like hands or something and washes all the sins away." Wow!! That totally wasn't what I expected him to say, but he really didn't get it. It was a great opportunity to talk to him about baptism again and make sure that he understood what it all meant and how important it is. Nic is definately my challenge, he's a strong headed, stubborn little goof. Sometimes he makes me crazy, but I still love him. I think that he'll be one of these little guys who if Tim and I somehow can keep him under control, he'll go places. But those days when he's a little pill it really makes me wonder if we're doing anything right. (I'm sure every parent feels that way) I guess we just keep doing what we're doing and hope that someday we'll look back and say that we did something right. Just had to share my little thoughts...
Sunday, May 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
You have to know that he is one of the valiant! I will be there on his baptism day since I am in the stake primary and will be helping that day. Should be fun! It's always a great day!
Don't worry, you are doing a great job with him!! He's a good kid! And by the way, I love the pictures you took of your friend in the post below, they are awesome!! You are one of those people with so many talents!
Post a Comment