Our Story...

We live in small town Franklin, Idaho and absolutely love it!! Tim and I have been married for 11 years and we have three crazy, busy boys; Nicholas (Nic) is 9, Tyler (Ty) is 6, and Joshua (Josh) is 4 and a precious little girl (Alexys) who just turned 1. Tim works for the U.S. Postal Service as a Supervisor. I am a State Licensed Daycare Provider and Preschool Teacher. I love my job (most of the time) and I am so grateful for the opportunity that I have to be home with my kids. I don't have time for scrapbooking and so this is as close as it gets to preserving my family's journey through life.


Family...Ours is Forever.


Friday, June 5, 2009

pink...really???

Now that I've had a little time to really let this all register...I had to comment and post a picture of my first little pink gift. My sweet and extremely thoughtful friend Debbie Porter cut this beautiful rose from her garden yesterday and brought it up to me. Isn't it gorgeous? It's so wierd to have something pink in my home. I keep tracing back to Wednesday when the ultrasound tech said it was a girl and still now I'm thinking, "Really? What if she made a mistake, what if it's really a boy and she just missed something?" Truth be told, on my way home from the Dr. I was alone because Tim had taken the boys in the other vehicle and the entire time I cried. I cried because I couldn't believe it, because I was so extremely excited, because I was so thankful that Heavenly Father thought that our family was ready for a little girl. We will have so much fun with her. I can hardly wait for painting toe and fingernails, watching princess movies, polly pockets and dollies and of course princess parties. Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait. Thanks everyone for all the fun comments and well wishes. I have great friends who I think are more excited than I am.

5 comments:

Lauren said...

Gina, I am so excited for you! I can just tell that nothing in this world could make you happier then you are now. I love it! Congrats!

Unknown said...

Debbie is so sweet! She is always good for brightening up someone's day! Congrats on the wonderful news of having a girl! HOW EXCITING! I love the name you picked!

Heidi said...

That is so crazy, I started questioning if Lacey was really a girl as well.It would be easy to believe if they said it was a boy but a girl? I am sure the tech is very good. So let me help you out
It's a girl, It's a girl, It's a GIRL!!! Get ready for PINK!

The Hokansons said...

Gina, all I can say is it melted my heart when everyone in sacrament meeting today went, "aahh" when Tim was sharing his testimony! It's a girl and don't worry! :) So I am thinking pink and brown for her room?....

(We will all just butt in on everything we're so excited for ya!)

Anonymous said...

Debbie is so thoughtful! I just love her. And speaking of Debbie, you really should come be in the choir. You have a great voice! I can't believe she hasn't talked you into that already! LOL! And Tim's testimony was so sweet!