1/27/2009 It's a (another) boy!!
Meet Jet. The newest addition to our family. We had to keep with the trend and get another boy, I'm outnumbered, I know. Jet is a Rat Terrier, he won't get too big which is one stipulation I had when we were looking. Tim found him on KSL and had to drive down past Salt Lake City to get him. I joke that this little guy is almost as bad as having a baby. Getting up in the night because he needs some attention, potty training, and trying to keep him from eating things off the floor...I'm not kidding it's like having a baby. The boys love him and I won't lie, I actually enjoy him too. (If only I could get a decent nights sleep). He poses for pictures and prances like a deer when playing fetch. He's so cute!!

1/29/2009 No nerves
Nic was invited to perform his tramp routine at the half-time show at the USU Basketball game. At first he said he didn't want to because he was too scared, which I totally didn't push him and said it was his choice. He had practice the Monday before and after practice, I asked him if he had told his coach that he wasn't going to do it. His reply was, "no, I'm going to do it." The whole way home, he kept saying "I can't believe I'm going to do this mom." I don't know what changed his mind but he was set that he was going to do it. So on Thursday, the 29th, my little guy got up in front of an almost full Spectrum (10,023 fans) and performed his routine!! I was so proud of him, I almost started crying. He was the very first to perform and did such an awesome job. The coach wanted members of the team to perform and to show how they progress. Nic being the first, all the way up to the coach who did some amazing tricks. I will post his performance and the rest of the team doing their performances. On the way home I asked him if he was nervous and he said that he was a little nervous but when he got on the tramp and started he wasn't nervous at all. I think that I carried all the nerves for him. I was a nervous mess!!
Nic's routine
The rest of the teams routines
2/4/2009 My little ABC All-Star
Most of you know that I teach a little preschool 3 times a week. It has proved challenging, but extremely rewarding. I have so much fun teaching the kids and enjoy seeing them progress and learn new things. I have 9 boys and 3 girls that attend. Due to the fact that I have so many boys to teach this year, I've had to change my curriculum and lesson plans up so that they stay interested. One thing that I've started is some clubs called the blue star club, red star club, yellow star club and the all-star club. Each club requires the kids to identify one of the following- uppercase letters, lowercase letters, and their sounds. I'm also teaching them how to sign the alphabet but this isn't part of the clubs, just something fun to learn. If they pass off all of these requirements they will be part of the All-star club. Well, my Tyler passed his final requirement off yesterday!! He's the first All-Star for our class. He got a t-shirt, a prize out of the prize box, a certificate and will be getting a king sized candybar. He was so excited! He had to call Tim and work and tell him. Here's a picture of his new shirt on his special day. He's such a smart kid!
"Life is not measured by the amount of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away."
...I'm thankful for those moments.






3 comments:
Wow, you guys have amazing talent and very smart kids! Not to mention super handsome as well!!!
I love to see your new posts it is so fun to see your lives out of church. I got watery eyes watching Nick, so I can't imagine how proud you were of him! Bryce was also way impressed. Way to go Nick!!
Sorry Gina I guess I hit a wrong button!! The comment was from me!:)
Gina- I can't believe you got that cute little dog!- you are WAY more patient than me! And of course, WAY TO GO Nicholas! That is so awesome, and you will remember that for the rest of your life! Your boys are adorable as always!
Post a Comment